- Leaf, roots & bark infusions have many medicinal uses including being used for chest complaints, boils, wounds, pain relief, skin infections & syphilis.
- The leaves have aphrodisiac properties, and the roots are an indigenous panacea.
- Leaves and roots are used for pain.
- The roots are used for toothache.
- Steam baths from the bark are used to purify the complexion.
- Peptide alkaloids have been isolated from the bark and leaves (Tschesche et al. 1974).
- The fruit is used to make beer.
- The fruits are used to distill a strong spirit. They are firstly mashed and then soaked in water for 2 days before being distilled.
- The fruit has also been used as a coffee substitute.
- Has magical properties to ward off evil.
- Trees are believed to have the property of warding off lightning and the thorny branches are used in Swazi burial rites.
$8.99 for one fluid-ounce tincture bottle.
- Branches are used by the Zulu's to summon ancestral spirits from an old to a new dwelling. They are also placed on the graves of chiefs and heads of kraals after burial.
(Click `Add to Cart' or click on `Bottles' to select a greater weight.)